Headaches, nauseas, blurry sight

by Erlinda Rossana Soto-King
(Tarpon Springs, Fl. USA)

Dear Doctor,
In June 2010 I had an accident. The car was hardly damaged but I was the passenger. I was with the sitting belt across me and I was sitting turned looking at the driver as we were in an intersection waiting for us to pass. A car came around a corner and hit us from the back. I was taken to the hospital with pain in my back, shoulder (all on the right side). In the hospital they told me I had nothing but I did complain of numbness and a broken tooth.Afterwards I went to a neurologist (right after the accident) and he said I had a post-concussion injury. It got better but then it started again after a few weeks. Vomiting and headaches never left my side. I never had suffer from these problems. I was taken tablets for restless legs (which have become worst than ever) and also for anxiety and depression (again they are worst) and my vision is blurry. I cannot concentrate.I have trouble remembering what I was going to do next and when I speak I notice I eat a word or 2 with no sound and I have to repeat myself.BEhind my back I have a hump (yes, I am overweight but I have never had such a hump)
My question: I do not know what else to do. The last neurologist said he could inject my head with headache injections. I said no. I am scared. But the headaches and nauseas are impossible to stop. What do you suggest I should do? Hope you can help me.

Hi there, Michelle here...

First of all, I am not a doctor. However, I do have some ideas for you that in my experience will help a lot. I am sorry to hear about your pain and your multiple symptoms. It sounds very difficult for you.

I think you need to see a chiropractor right away. I am very glad to hear you saw a neurologist, I think this was a very good starting place. However, you describe serious whiplash, and you do not describe having the whiplash treated.

Untreated whiplash can leave someone with exactly the symptoms you describe: headaches, blurry vision, difficulty concentrating etc. Your symptoms are very serious and you need to have treatment.

Chiropractic care can make a huge difference in your pain. A chiropractor is an expert in treating injuries from car accidents, especially whiplash. I am not clear from your letter if you have closed your case or if your car accident case is still open.

If it is still open, you can havve the chiropractor bill the cr insurance. If the case is closed, then the medical bills can go to your health insurance.

Treatment can make you feel different almost within a day. Although, you will likely need multiple treatments before you start feeling better permanently.

As far as the hump goes, hard to know from here, but sure sounds like a serious injury in your back. Treatment will also help this. The chiropractor will be able to evaluate the hump and help you know exactly what it is and what treatment will help you feel better.

Ok, I know I sound like a broken record, but I have seen patients for years and years with similar symptoms, and chiropractic care can be life changing.

If you can find a chiropractor who does Atlas Orthogonal adjustments, this will be the best of the best for your symptoms.

A chiropractor who focuses on the Atlas will likely be able to get you out of pain fastest. If you can't find a specialist in the Atlas, then seeing a regular chiropractor is still going to help tremendously.

I hope this helps! Best regards, M.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Have A Question About Your Car Accident Injuries?.